Change my network password on campus
Step 1: Log onto the Otago Polytechnic network and change password
Log onto the Otago Polytechnic network, as usual.
When the student desktop loads, you can then change your password by simultaneously pressing the <Ctrl>,<Alt> and <Delete> keys. This will bring up the screen that allows the password change.
Click on the “Change Password” option.
Step 2: Set up a new password
Windows 7 will already know who you are.
Type in the current password you want to change.
Next, type in your new password. (Make sure it is at least 8 characters long, with one or two numbers to increase the password strength.)
Retype it to verify the password.
Don't forget the new password!
- When you type your password into any of the password fields, the password will not be shown. Instead, the password will be shown as a series of black dots.
- When typing in the new password, you will need to do it twice to verify the spelling of the new password. It is not shown in clear text for security reasons.
Step 3: If you mistype the new password
Click on “OK” to return to the change password screen.
You must fill out the “Old Password”, “New Password”, and “Confirm Password” again.
Step 4: Your new password has been accepted
- When Windows 7 accepts your new password, you will get this message: Click “OK” to clear this screen and return to your studies.
- Remember your new password, and keep it secure!
- Change it each semester to ensure your OP student user account is secure.
Hero image: Algorithmic Contaminations. Derek Gavey. Image retrieved from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/derekgavey/5528275910 Licensed under aCreative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.