Place a request on items
At times an item that you need for your studies may be on loan already or be located at one of the University of Otago Libraries. You can place a request on items that are on loan to someone else – that way the items have to be returned sooner. You can also request books held at one of the University of Otago Libraries and have it sent to the Robertson Library for pick up.
If you are studying outside Dunedin and need a book sent you, please refer to the requesting instructions for distance learners.
How to request a book
1. Below is a list of books in Library Search l Ketu. To request a book, such as the second book on the list which is held at the Central Library, click on Available at the Library.
2. Click on Sign in for request options.
3. Click on the second sign-in option for Otago Polytechnic students and staff.
4. Login with your network/moodle username and password.
5. Once signed in, you’ll be redirected back to the book and now the option to request will be available. Click on Request.
6. Now use the dropdown menus to select the appropriate details such as the library you want to pick the book up from and when the book is no longer required. Then click on Request.
7. You can tell immediately if your request has been successful as it will say Request placed. A notification that your request is ready for pick up will be sent to your student/staff email.
If you have made your request from a public computer, don’t forget to sign out when you have finished.
If your request was not successful, here are some possible reasons:
Your library fines have reached the assigned limit ($5 students and $50 staff). If so, you’ll need to pay these.
You have an overdue item that someone has requested from you. Check your student/staff email for library notices.
Some items can’t be requested such as theses, items in the Reserve and Teaching Support collections and reference/not for loan items.